Vegetable or plant-based oils have numerous skin-friendly benefits. Packed with essential fatty acids, omegas and antioxidants, they nourish skin and leave behind a protective sheath. There are loads to choose from if you want to soothe your dry skin:
- Avocado oil: for its moisturising, protective and regenerative properties
- Sweet almond oil: to soften, nourish and tone skin (works a treat on atopic skin)
- Argan oil: to zap wrinkles, nourish skin thanks to its omegas and antioxidants, as well as boosting cellular renewal
- Coconut oil: to smooth, soften and envelop dry skin in its gorgeous tropical scent!
- Apricot oil: to protect skin's lipid barrier, combat oxidation and leave dry skin soft and supple The downside? Body oils are often greasy, so can take time to be absorbed. Don't even think about getting dressed straight away! You could always opt for a dry oil
- they have the same beneficial properties, a light, non-sticky texture and are suited to all skin types.
Word of warning: don't confuse vegetable oils with essential oils. Essentials oils are not designed to be used directly on our skin, but rather mixed with a vegetable oil.
Discover more tips & tricks
Keep your skin happy
Improve your routine
Show your new look more love: